Filling out “About Me” sections has always been a challenge for me.
Perhaps the reason for such futile attempt can be attributed to the fact that I, myself, still do not know who and what I am. There was a time that an ex-boyfriend (now one of my very good friends) diagnosed me with a multi-personality disorder. I’m not medically schizophrenic, but I agree.
So, let’s just resort to the ever-reliable “random facts”, shall we?
- I am lactose intolerant, but I eat ice cream.
- In the x number of years that I have been driving, I still haven’t learned how to parallel park.
- I am appalled by the lack of manners.
- Unlike most women, I don’t strike up conversations with pop culture.
- I love the underground scene.
- I have a weakness for profound words – said, written or sung.
- I am the only woman I know who does not succumb to sweets, especially chocolates.
- I bang my head with rock music, shake my body with trance, and relax with easy chillout electronica.
- My husband spoils me, but I do not abuse it.
- My children constantly make me feel like the luckiest mother in the world.
- I am able to miraculously balance everything that makes me feel alive!
- I hate parents who (a) smoke in front of their kids, (b) baby talk their kids, (c) turn a blind eye to their misbehaving, bully kids.
- I am a true Cancer – soft body, hard shell. Go figure.
- I am sarcastic – love me or hate me.
- I am dyslexic, but it was never a hindrance for my love for books.
I am an accidental non-desperate housewife. Domestication is forced on me…
…and I am not complaining.
I am a wandering soul – a euphemism of a lost soul. Being perennially
confused because of my inclination to science and passion for the
arts. Hence, I stick with my sciency-businessy job but I write, I take
pictures, I read, I bake, I travel, I scrapbook, I design, I draw…
I am drawn to beauty and passion. I live, I love yet I think and
argue. I’m poetic and romantic but I get excited with blood and gore.
I dance in my undies and memorize the songs I adore.
I am true Virgo with my endless desire to IKEA-ize the world, my
continuous quest for perfection.
I am a damn hard-worker and I detest people who do not try.
I work hard to play hard thus the notable things I have accomplished.
Yet, in my eyes, I have yet to pop that champagne bottle.
I love coffee, sparkling water and fruity cocktails and I drink
everything with a straw.
I am a daughter, a sister and a wife. I am a lover, a friend, an
enemy, a stranger.
I am a child of God who’s constantly tempted by the allure of worldly
things. But my faith will save me.
In my past life, I was Boticelli’s muse.
In my past past life, I was Cleopatra.
Which explains why now, I’m a nondomestic diva of sorts.
Here and now, I speak my mind with the comfort of the company of my
Enjoy, because I love you all!